Raise Capital For Your Startup: How To Create Value Out Of Nothing
The first steps with a startup can be the hardest. Andrew Romans, founder of VC fund and angel group – Georgetown Angels – and author of the best selling book on venture capital speaks from experience as a founder, advisor and venture capitalist with practical advice of how to get started.
Andrew Romans will discuss specific practical moves entrepreneurs can make on how to transform an idea into a real startup that will attract funding and move from idea to world beating company. Andrew’s discussion will cover topics such as:
- How to recruit a support network for a startup – team, board of advisors and surround a startup with a powerful network
- Structuring the “advisory financing round”
- How to negotiate with and leverage lawyers to establish a company that will attract financing and key legal considerations
- How to access angels and VCs
- Options for customer financing
- Why Branchout raised angel funding after VC funding
- Understanding pre & post money valuations
- Considerations when deciding on valuations and key terms
Andrew Romans, Co-founder and General Partner of Georgetown Angels
Andrew Romans is the co-founder and General Partner of Georgetown Angels. Romans is also the author of The Entrepreneurial Bible to Venture Capital, Inside Secrets from the Leaders in the Startup Game (August 2013 by McGraw Hill). Romans also brokers direct secondary founder liquidity transactions via The Founders Club. Romans was previously a managing partner at Georgetown Venture Partners (GVP), managing director of Sentito Networks (acquired Verso) and founder & president of The Global TeleExchange (The GTX), where he personally raised $47m in VC funding. BA University of Vermont, MBA in finance at Georgetown University, which he completed on scholarship.
David Ehrenberg, CEO Early Growth Financial Services (EGFS)
David Ehrenberg is the founder and CEO of Early Growth Financial Services (EGFS) an outsourced financial services firm that provides early-stage companies with day-to-day transactional accounting, CFO service, tax, and valuation services and support. He’s a financial expert and startup mentor whose passion is helping businesses focus on what they do best. Follow David @EarlyGrowthFS.